Monday, October 19, 2009

~Goats And Mud~

The weather has been fabulous today...and the goats have enjoyed every bit of it I'm sure! They're all doing great, thankfully! Almost all last week it was extremely wet and rainy...and if I know one thing about goats for sure...THEY HATE MUD! They either stare at it, run through it really quickly, try to find a "safer" route to walk on, or they'll just absolutely refuse to walk through it all together! So their usual pen they sleep in was muddy, me and my sister go down to lock them up one night, and they're all out. Now that's extremely rare to find them outside their pen on a COLD, wet night - but they just wouldn't walk in the mud...which I find rather humorous as I'm sure you do too. :) To make a long story short, we put them in another pen that was less wet and muddy and they were satisfied there for the next 2 nights. :) Me and my sister also cleaned out their "goat house" (where they sleep)on Saturday...boy am I sore! I'm telling you..it's a job! :) But it's worth it at the end once the straw is put down and you gaze at at your completed work with satisfaction.:)

No comments: