Saturday, November 28, 2009

Winter Babies From Cassidy And Valorie...And Another Bday

Earlier I was looking at Cassidy's udder...it grew! It's become a little more full than it has been these past few days. She's HUGE, her udder is growing, she's REALLY soft on her tailbone and ligaments...I really believe we'll be having some December babies from her here in a couple of weeks (or maybe sooner!). I just wouldn't be surprised at all...and this time I am almost a 100% possitive that she'll kid pretty soon. I've been wrong before, but I think I'm beginning to figure her out. Valorie also looks like she might kid in a month or so. I don't think that her udder is growing yet, but her stomach is REALLY big. One thing I have to tell you about Valorie is that she's always been really skinnny and small. So when she puts on wait and begins having a round stomach - there's a pretty good chance she's pregnant. And if she is going to kid, I think she'll have twins, because she looks bigger than she was with Charlotte. I'm really hoping that they'll kid right before or right after Christmas so we can have Christmas babies! :) I'm so excited!! Even if they don't kid in December, I'm almost possitive they're pregnant and that they will have their baby(s) sometime this winter...having babies is always such a joy on our farm! I'm hoping that Cassidy will have at least one girl, because we'll Lord willing keep her. To me whatever Valorie has I'll be extremely happy with. All the babies we have this winter - except Cassidy's girl (if she has one) will be sold next year probably. It will be sad, but it's a part of having goats. If we didn't sell any, our farm would be overflowing with goats everywhere! :)
 See her round stomach?

We need to take a moment to say Happy Birthday to Comet, our dear wether, born on this farm exactly two years ago today. He had a twin sister named Starlight who we sadly lost to a dog attack on April 19, 2008. It was aweful and I will always regret loosing her even though we could do nothing about it. But our sweet Comet lived on with no bruises or cuts at all. He's done very well as an "adult". I call him "my boyfriend" as he's always been very lovable with me. It's a little thing we both have fun pretending...even though he has no idea about it! Anyway, Happy Birthday to our precious Comet! I will always love him no matter how mean he is to the other goats...oops. I guess I wasn't supposed to spill the beans on that one! Ha, ha, ha, ha! :) :
Happy Birthday buddy! :)

No comments: