Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Essie's Premature Twins


I know I already posted something today on this blog, but something very sad has happened that I should not wait to post until tomorrow. Essie had her twins prematurely this evening. I had absolutely no clue that she was going to kid. Her udder was not full, her ligaments did not seem to feel very loose. There was nothing. My estimations were around the beginning of March. But like I said she had them prematurely, because the babies did not look fully devoloped at all. So I found them both lieing on the ground when I went down to feed Spencer. As I was walking down, Essie was bleating very loudly in an abnormal tone that I had really never heard before. So when I got down there, you can only guess the shock wave that went over me. There they both were - one dead and the other just barely alive. I thought he might have a chance, but he died just a few minutes later.
I found out she became a mother of a baby girl and a baby boy. The boy looked almost exactly like her, while the girl had a little lighter color of the head. They were two beautiful babies that would have been probably healthy and strong had they been born on their due date. Essie was very distraught and confused. She acted a lot like Cassidy did when she lost her babies last month. It was so, so sad. I never want it to happen again in my life if the Lord wills it.
So that's six babies that have died in 2010 and that one special baby, Spencer who lived during this hard, cold winter.

No comments: