Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Day Arthur Sweetheart:)

Today is a very special day. It is our sweet Arthur's first birthday! How time flies!
Arthur I would have to say is one of my favorite goats we have ever had the privilige to know and own. He's always been so sweet, loving, and adorable with me and my family!
The day we found him was one I will always remember. He is the son of Cassidy. At this time we had been waiting for her to have her baby for about two months before he actually popped out! Just like Cassidy. So I think we had almost given up on her and decided to just let him come when he comes. So we did. One lovely February morning I was simply going outside to open the goats gate and take care of them. I remember Cassidy bleating a lot when I got down there. But I didn't seem to think much about it. She had given us so many false alarms already. So I took my time. When I finally went into their pen I got a closer look at Cass...it looked as if she had blood on her leg. So I opened the door of the goat house and peeped inside to see if there was any baby. From my view, there was not. Until right before I was going to close the door my gaze went down to right in front of me...and there he was. Laying right in front of my boots, all wet and dirty! My heart skipped and eventually we had him all clean and dry. Our dear Arthur had been born. Since then he has always been one of the most loving creatures I've ever met. He loved it when we pet him on the face and coddled him in our arms. The moment he was placed in our arms he would literally go limp! He also liked to mount his two front legs on you as he gazed at you with these adorable pleading eyes to be held!
He became very good friends with Charlotte as they were only 11 days a part. They were play mates. From being on top of the dog houses together to laying down with each other at night...sometimes one of them wouldn't even be laying down with it's mother! Those two were little sweeties!
As Arthur has grown, he has also matured quite a bit. He still looks at you with those eyes, and still mounts on top of us...but he has become a "man", so to speak. He's a wether of course, but you can tell he still has that manliness about him. I've referred to him as my other boy friend (the other one is Comet - hopefully he doesn't think I'm a two-timer!)...it's our little joke because we love each other so much! So when someone askes me if I have a boyfriend, I can say.."Yes, I have two. They're both goats!".
I LOVE Arthur so much and am so honored to own such a wonderful creature the Lord has made! Happy Birthday sweetheart! :)

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Arthur! Happy birthday to you! (And SO MANY MORE!)"

No comments: