Thursday, June 17, 2010

ALAS! MY SON! MY SON!! - written and told by THE BEAUTIFUL CHARLOTTE

Okay. This is THE BEAUTIFUL CHARLOTTE once again!! Hello, thank you, thank you, and thank you!! I am here to simply tell you a horrific story of mine that occurred last night.
Here it is,  please have a tissue box close by - you'll need it - or I know I will.
Last night, my goat mothers walked down to our goat house to close us all up. Our main goat mother seemed to be in a BIG hurry like it was black Friday (correction: it was black outside, but it wasn't Friday). Soon after running quite a few feet she reached our goat house (yes, all nineteen of us have finally moved back in to OUR house after the loud feathery birds have grown up). Because she was in a hurry, she made all the ducks and geese go a little bit into hysterics as she picked up the blocks covering our door and dropped them quickly into the mud. Opening the door, she counted us as fast as she could...turns out there were only six of us. Well, she yells to the other goat mother (she is constantly looking at the stars) and heads for the loafing shed where she finds everyone else - including MY BRADLEY!! I was in the goat house and realized MY BABY was missing!!!!! I had no idea where he was! And then, hark! I heard his sweet little peep of a bleat from afar! Yes, my son was still alive....only I couldn't see him in the black of the night - but I HEARD HIM. My heart was about to stop, my whole body was close to fainting in the dirty mud - I'm very glad I didn't!!! (note: this is where you begin using your tissues.). 
THEN ALAS!!!!!! MY SON!! MY SON!! Our goat mother began carrying him to me with great care as he bleated and bleated for his mother...ME OF COURSE. Our departure was almost through! She gently set him on the ground as he hastened towards me - hungry as a bear! DONE. FINISHED. We were no longer a part....WE WERE UNITED ONCE AGAIN. VICTORY!!
Okay. That was the really good part of my heartwrenching story. But this is the end. Our goat mothers were able to move all the goats from the loafing shed back into the goat house. I finally figured out why they were in such a hurry - it was going to storm. Right before they got the last 2-4 goats in the pen.....BOOM!! RAIN. All of us started running around in hysterics trying to find shelter - "EVERYONE! IN THE GOAT HOUSE! IN THE GOAT HOUSE!". I heard my sweet Cookie tell us.  So that's what we did. Me and my Bradley were together sitting on the floor of the house as we listened to the pitter patter of the rain drops - as long as I had my Bradley, I would be alright! (and as long as Bradley had me, HE would be alright - after all, I am his main food source you know!). 
                                                                          THE END.

No comments: