Saturday, June 19, 2010

NO LONGER CONFIDENTIAL! by Charlotte

Well I finally did it! Yes, (this is Charlotte again), I FINALLY FOUND OUT THAT VELVET IS PREGNANT! She only thinks she's keeping these things from me, but oh I AM GOOD! Last night ALL of we eighteen goats except Velvet were in the pen waiting to be closed up by our goat mother. Now where do you think Velvet deary was? YOU GUESSED IT. Outside of the pen - EATING!
Now, if you are a goat you would probably understand this a little better. But since you are not (or at least I'm only assuming you are not), I will do my best to explain this obvious clue. When a goat is going to kid in a month or so, they tend to be very hungry. Sadly, I have no idea why - I just know that's the way it is. I am sure you must be thinking, "Why in the world do they have such a big appetite?" - I know, I know, it really sounds absurd, doesn't it? Never the less, it is the truth and just the way it goes when we beautiful does are expecting kid(s).
So, there you have it! VELVET WAS OUT IN THE DARK STILL GRAZING. That's sign enough for me. If she was trying to keep it from me (which I know she was) - her secret is no longer confidential....I AM TELLING THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!!!
VELVET IS GOING TO HAVE BABIES SOON!
Now I am not trying to be mean or anything to her, I just don't understand why she was so protective of that little fact...if I were her, I'd be screaming it as a ran in circles all the way around the field as all eighteen goats gazed at me dumbfounded with their mouths open wide!!! WHAT A THRILLER!!!
Let's see, how many kiddings would this be for her now? MY GOODNESS! THIS WOULD BE HER SEVENTH!!  WHAHOO VEL-VE-TA!!!

No comments: